You might’ve clicked this this article expecting jokes. There’s no way. Who in the right mind would write an article about how to make friends? Well, you’re in for a surprise. I learned about some cool information in my Life Science class the other week that I want to share with y’all.
So maybe you’re tired of Rendezvous boba, or maybe you like it and want to try something new. That, or you’re a boba snob and you really want to know whether or not we have the same tastes in boba. I don’t know. The point is is that we’re gonna do a short little boba guide on all the places nearby you should definitely check out.
Summer is a carefree time full of sun, sand and, unfortunately for some, studying. But for those on campus finding themselves taking summer classes, On The Hill has got you covered for the best classes being offered in the season. So in between beach trips, try taking these courses ,you might just learn something and have a great time while doing it.
If you’ve gone into one of UCLA’s many parking structures at night, chances are you might have seen some students hip hop dancing in the empty parking lots. You might be wondering, who are these dancers? The hip hop dance scene at UCLA is composed of a few groups: ACA Hip Hop, NSU Modern, Samahang Modern, VSU Modern, and Foundations Choreography. Let’s just dive right into it so you can see the difference between these 5 groups.
On The Hill is proud to announce that we have reached 1,000 likes on Facebook! To thank our readers and followers, we are running a 1,000th Like Contest for all Hill residents.
How The Contest Works:
- Readers can go on our Facebook page and like the contest post
- By liking the post, you are automatically entered to a draw to win 5 giveaways of $25 in Bruin Cash!
- If you choose to comment on the contest post with your floor/house (eg. Hitch A rocks! Courtside C6 rules! De Neve B2 is awesome! Rieber Terrace 9 is the best!), you (and your floor/house) will automatically be entered to win a pizza/pizookie party from BJ’s!
- The floor/house of each community with the most residents commenting will win the pizza party
- You can win both the Bruin Cash and pizza party as long as you like and comment
In short, ‘like‘ the post to win the BruinCash, ‘like‘ and ‘comment‘ to qualify for the pizza party for you and your floor/house!
- You must like the On The Hill page
- You must be a Hill resident
- 1 BJ’s pizza party winner per community (total of 4 pizza parties are given away)
- 5 fans who liked the contest post will be drawn and selected at random to win the 5 $25 BruinCash award
- Contest runs until May 8th at 11:59pm
Questions? Post a comment or email us at email@example.com
From L to R: (Karel Ebergen, Andrew Hahn, Brian Kiely, Michael Yanoska, Nick Agee, Alex Vergel)
A Hot Chocolate Party sounds like a mostly quiet affair full of sipping, but for six Los Angeles-based comedians the name invites viewers to take a look at their mix of outrageous sketch comedy and video game themed rap music. The comedy group, most of whom are Bruin alumni, treat online audiences to their sweet mix of funny material. The group sat down with On The Hill to talk about the origins of their group, their progression as comedians and their future plans as Hot Chocolate Party.
Instagram is a great social media platform to post your favorite photographic memories of UCLA. But on campus there are a few posts that are just plain played-out. Here’s On The Hill’s guide to the most overdone UCLA Instagram posts, so you can avoid them and use your account to get creative. Maybe wait a few hours and try a cool night-time photo.