So, you’re in the spirit of celebrating Halloween like a child again, but you have no idea what you can do in LA. You can’t trick or treat anymore. You can’t sit and eat candy while watching Halloween reruns. Without further ado, here are four awesome events you can do in the spirit of Halloween. Continue reading
Looking for things to do this month? Here is a list of events going on in September!
- Check out the new exhibit at the Getty called “In Focus: Tokyo“. See the city through a lens not seen by many.
- On the second Thursday of September go to DTLA to see the Downtown Art Walk. From 12pm-12am, this event celebrates the arts in all its forms!
- BRUIN BASH! Get excited to come back to school this year by going to UCLA’s annual Bruin Bash on 9/29!
Enjoy your last few weeks of summer! OTH can’t wait to see you all this fall!
by Laurie Goodman
- Go see a movie at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery! Take part in this longstanding tradition, where people watch old movies on top of people who used to be in movies.
- Do you love folk music? Then you’re in luck! The Hollywood Bowl has Glen Hansard, The Head and the Heart, and Iron and Wine playing all on the same night (August 10th). Come to this show if you want an Irish man to sing your troubles away.
- Interested in becoming a serious bada$$? Take up archery at the Rancho Park Archery range. There are free lessons every Saturday (and yes, the bow and arrow rentals are free too)! But make sure to get there early because these classes are very popular. May the odds be ever in your favor.
Happy summer! by Laurie Goodman
For those of you staying in LA, here are some great things off campus you can do!
1. Futbol: The Beautiful Game
Using photography, video, painting, installation and sculpture, artists create a gallery called “Fútbol: The Beautiful Game” to address jingoism and the community sports brings. Check it out at LACMA, 5905 Wilshire Blvd., Mid-Wilshire; Mon., Tue., Thu., 11 a.m.-5 p.m.; Fri., 11 a.m.-8 p.m.; Sat.-Sun., 10 a.m.-7 p.m.; thru July 29. $15, $10 seniors and students. (323) 857-6000, lacma.org.
Comedy show called Doug Loves Movies at 5919 Franklin Ave. Los Angeles,CA 90028
7PM every Tuesday. Get your laugh on!