So you’re going to downtown, and want to check out some landmarks there. It’s your first venture there from Westwood, and you’re a little unsure about what you should check out. Don’t worry, the staff of OTH have been before! Here are our recommendations:
Midterm season is well underway for some of us. For the more fortunate, midterms have finally let up. We’re left with the aftermath of our grades. For those of us standing a little shellshocked by our midterms, here’s some word of advice we’ve come up with to help you do better in the upcoming finals:
Mental health is a critically important issue that can sometimes slip the mind in the stressful, pressure-cooker environment of college. Fortunately there exists resources on campus that can help you through a tough time or whatever problems you may be facing. With finals coming, it is even more important to make sure your stress and mental health are under control.
Note: If you are thinking about hurting or killing yourself, please stop and call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255). The lifeline exists to connect individuals for 24/7 help with skilled, trained counselors in the area. There also exists a UCPD 24 hr dispatch line which can be reached at 310-825-1491.
On The Hill is proud to announce that we have reached 1,000 likes on Facebook! To thank our readers and followers, we are running a 1,000th Like Contest for all Hill residents.
How The Contest Works:
- Readers can go on our Facebook page and like the contest post
- By liking the post, you are automatically entered to a draw to win 5 giveaways of $25 in Bruin Cash!
- If you choose to comment on the contest post with your floor/house (eg. Hitch A rocks! Courtside C6 rules! De Neve B2 is awesome! Rieber Terrace 9 is the best!), you (and your floor/house) will automatically be entered to win a pizza/pizookie party from BJ’s!
- The floor/house of each community with the most residents commenting will win the pizza party
- You can win both the Bruin Cash and pizza party as long as you like and comment
In short, ‘like‘ the post to win the BruinCash, ‘like‘ and ‘comment‘ to qualify for the pizza party for you and your floor/house!
- You must like the On The Hill page
- You must be a Hill resident
- 1 BJ’s pizza party winner per community (total of 4 pizza parties are given away)
- 5 fans who liked the contest post will be drawn and selected at random to win the 5 $25 BruinCash award
- Contest runs until May 8th at 11:59pm
Questions? Post a comment or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ever had that eye-roll worthy conversation with that one friend who is either super pumped or super stressed over life because he/she is taking 4 (sometimes 5) classes? And you’re sitting there thinking to yourself one of two things : “How could you possibly be thrilled about 4 classes?” OR “Well you may be stressed out, but you did this to yourself.”
Don’t fool yourself, we’ve all been there. Even if you are one of those eye-roll inducing overachievers who DO take 4 classes a quarter – like myself – it probably didn’t start that way. Or maybe you’re taking 4 classes just for the fun of it or to graduate early. Odds are, you had some sort of initial doubt about putting yourself headfirst into 4 classes. But once you got the hang of it, piece of cake, right?
So how do we do it?
So maybe you missed Coachella this year. Or maybe you decided not to go this year to spare your wallet. Or MAYBE, in a weird turn of events, you’ve been to Coachella so many times before that you’re ready for something new. Whatever the case may be, we have you covered. Here’s 5 fun alternatives to Coachella 2015 :