Are you trying to figure out how to get to the airport for Thanksgiving? Here are a few options for how you can get to LAX:
SUPER CHEAP OPTIONS
1. Become best friends with someone who has a car.
2. Beg your parents.
4. Take UCLA’s $5 shuttle to LAX! This is probably the most economical and easiest way to travel out of UCLA. They have multiple times scheduled to take students on Tuesday and Wednesday, November 25th and 26th. Pick up will be at Hedrick Court or Carnesale Commons. Make your reservation at your front desk by November 17th!
5. MOST POPULAR OPTION: The FlyAway. Most UCLA (Hill residents and off campus included) use this service to get to LAX. Spend $10 and get bussed to LAX with minimal fuss. Note that the Flyaway won’t be running on Nov 25th and 26th (when the UCLA shuttles are running).
NOT SO CHEAP OPTIONS
6. Take the Super Shuttle! Definitely more expensive, but you get to ride in style and probably more comfort. An average 2-way trip with the UCLA discount amounts to about $25.
7. Taxi/Uber/Lyft/Buy a private jet. I mean, Charles E. Young could be a runway, right? For the ride-sharing apps, try to ask a friend for a referral code. That might get you a free ride to LAX!
GETTING BACK TO SCHOOL
8. You may have not even thought about how you will get back to school, but don’t worry! There is a FlyAway Shuttle that can take students from LAX to Lot 32/36, and there will also be a shuttle from there to both Carnesale and Hedrick!
Have a happy and safe Thanksgiving!