Want some cool facts to share with your friends on Halloween? Look no further. We’ve done the research for you so you don’t have to.
1. Halloween has more than one name. It is short for All Hallows’ Evening. It is also known as Allhalloween, All Hallow’s Eve, and All Saints’ Eve.
2. Halloween is a time to remember the dead. Contrary to popular belief, it isn’t just about being afraid of the dead. The attempts to scare you with death are supposed to be an attempt at the absurd. It is actually a holiday for saints, martyrs, and faithful Christian believers.
3. Halloween is like a comedian. It tries to take a humorous outlook towards the power of death.
4. There are some parts of the world where people attend church instead of trick or treat on Halloween. So while you should and (will) go out to have fun, just remember the original meaning of the holiday and think of your loved ones!
5. Halloween used to be a day where people had to fast meat. Thus, traditions like bobbing the apple and drinking cider still exist. Aren’t you glad? Caramel apples exist today because of this.
And that’s it. Impress strangers and your friends with your seemingly random knowledge. Have a great but safe Halloween!