It’s that time of the quarter again… midterms. Now commences the time where we will all stay up late cramming the night before and then brag to all our friends how we are running off of less sleep than they are. Since most of you will be making late night treks from Powell, now seems like as good of a time as any to go over some safety tips for walking home late at night.
1. When you’re leaving campus at night, you can call for a CSO Escort to take you back to your room at 310-794-WALK. Or you can call to take the evening van at 310-825-9800.
2. If you’re worried about your laptop being stolen, you can download free laptop tracker software so you know where it is at all times.
3. Stay up to date on all the recent crime alerts around Westwood to see if you should call an escort to take you home.
4. If you want to be more proactive, you can take self-defense and martial arts classes through UCLA Recreation.
5. On the back of your Bruin Card there is the number for UCLA’s emergency information, so make sure to call if you have any more questions. And if you can’t find your bruin card, the number is 1-800-900-UCLA.
6. Don’t be a target. Don’t be that person with their headphones in walking home at 1am with laptop in hand. Be street smart.
Stay safe bruins!