If you’re new in town…or in Westwood, you may be surprised by some of the things you learn being a freshman here. Here’s a few of those things to help lessen the shock. Go bruins!
1) The food is hella bomb. I’m not even gunna lie. We are rated amongst the top for college food. Bruin Plate anyone?
2) As far as general education requirement go, the classes can get pretty large, from 300-400 people. Sit in the front! It helps you focus and not get distracted by all the cute water polo guys/girls.
3) Walking to class may take you up to 40 minutes if you live in Hedrick and have class deep in south campus. Sorry ’bout it. Consider it a good way to prevent Freshman 15 though.
4) The communal bathrooms are more than doable. Not gross at all! Always remember to thank the housekeeping people. They do a fantastic job!
5) People wear flip-flops in the rain. That’s all I have to say about that. Don’t be one of them.
by Beverly Okhio